Please enjoy this video by National Geographic - "Treating Animals With Acupuncture" featuring IVAS training and the National Zoo, which was published this week
The International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the practice of veterinary acupuncture as an integral part of the total veterinary health care delivery system. The Society endeavors to establish uniformly high standards of veterinary acupuncture practice through its educational programs and accreditation examination and process. IVAS seeks to integrate veterinary acupuncture and the practice of western veterinary science, while also noting that the science of veterinary acupuncture does not overlook related treatment modalities.
What Does Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture Mean and Why Your Pet Deserves the Best?
- Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture is an objective measure of knowledge which validates the veterinarian is qualified to provide animal acupuncture as part of the total care plan.
- Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture Demonstrates Professionalism. Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture exemplifies expertise and dedication to a specific, integrative therapy. When the veterinarian is certified, it shows evidence of their professional growth. It also shows a life-long learning for the benefit of their clients and patients.
- Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture Demonstrates Commitment. Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture demonstrates a higher level of commitment to providing a broader level of veterinary medical care and to the well-being of the patients.
- Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture Demonstrates Expertise. Clients, their families, and the general public are becoming more knowledgeable about alternative and integrative healthcare options, and they are consumers. Therefore, they are more likely to choose a veterinarian with expertise in the areas of integrative medicine treatments they seek for their beloved pets.
- Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture is Self-Fulfilling. Earning certification does take time and it does require a level of dedication. However, it can prove to be self-fulfilling, and it can instill pride in those who obtain it.
- Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture Promotes Quality in Veterinary Healthcare. Certification demonstrates competency and expertise. Our colleagues in veterinary medicine will recognize that competent veterinarians with Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture will promote a high quality of animal care, well-being, and welfare.